Why care about a generation that are still children or not even born yet?
- If you are pregnant or have younger children today, these are your kids.
- If you are a child under 10 and were smart enough to get here, this is you.
- If you are a Millennial – and especially if you’re called PewDiePie or Taylor Swift – these are the people who look up to you.
- The Millennials, our largest generation, are entering their fertile years.
- If you are a grandparent, these are the little angels you splurge on at shopping malls and Disney World.
- Homelanders are about 5 years away from entering the part time work force after school.
- The oldest ones are about 7 years away from starting college – if college is still affordable then
- Homelanders are not only digital natives, but also growing up social media natives and make few distinctions between life online and offline.
- They will not have full control over their own privacy.
- Like their grandparents 80 years ago, they are born into a time of crisis.
- They will feel the full consequences of climate change, global population growth, robosourcing and a large elderly population if they live in a developed country or in China.
- They will come of age during major transformations and paradigm changes which will force through not as a result of priority and consensus, but from pure necessity.
- Many of them will live past their 100th birthday.
- For this generation, a vegetarian diet will be the norm rather than the exception, and the meat eaten may be grown in a lab rather than on a farm.
- The name of their second language is Java, Python or Ruby on Rails.
- They’re amazing!
- If you are a teacher, you are probably aware of the points above.
- If you are a marketer or demographer, you are probably aware of the points above.
- If you are a politician, you should be aware of the points above.
- If you are into clichés or Whitney Houston songs, you know that the children are our future.
So enjoy the journey…